Our ministries are organized into teams in the areas of Worship & Music, Spiritual Formation, Christian Care, Fellowship & Mission, and Business Administration. Each team is headed by a staff member, a member of the church council and those members of the congregation that wish to lead in each area.
Some of the ways that people offer their gifts for service include:
- serving as Sunday school teachers or confirmation mentors
- helping worship come alive by singing in the choirs or serving as greeters or ushers
- putting your hands together for the creation of prayer shawls or our prayer chain
- offering your energies to partner with community organizations such as WeCan, our local food shelf, or FoodShare
- providing care and service through our Funeral Ministry as we come alongside grieving families in their time of need
- caring for God’s house by helping with painting, building repair, lawn mowing, or tending to one of our gardens
- being drawn by compassion to rally people for an outing to Feed My Starving Children, to serve a meal at a homeless shelter, or to advance the cause of a global mission initiative, such as Malaria Prevention
- …and so many more…
Watch this space for more details on how the ministries at St. John’s work to share the love of Christ.
For more information, contact our church office at 952.472.1416.